Thursday, August 9th, 2012...2:48 pm
Another Restroom Letter update
BE SURE TO READ THE FOOTNOTES!!! Bolded for your viewing ease!
Don’t forget to thank an Association member for fighting for the rights of all mobile vendors, food trucks and carts alike!
- A truck doing business at one spot for more than one hour must operate within 200 feet of an approved restroom.1, 2
- The restroom has warm water (100˚F-108˚F), single use soap, single use towels, and a trash container.
- A truck that temporarily closes and stops doing business for 15 minutes within the one (1) hour period is assumed to be operating for less than one hour, and is not subject to the restroom requirement. But, the operator/employees must:
- Stop food handling and properly store all pre-packaged and unpackaged food.
- Post in plain view at the service window, the closed for business sign, the time of closure, and the time the business will resume.
- Exit and remain off the truck for the minimum 15 minutes.
- A truck that changes place before the one hour period is not subject to the restroom requirement, but must assure that:
- The new spot is not within one half mile of the prior spot, or the new spot caters to a community of customers that are separate from the prior spot; and
- The truck does not return to the prior business spot within 15 minutes of departing.
- The truck is stored, cleaned, and serviced daily at a commissary or other approved facility.
- All wastewater generated by the truck is emptied at an approved commissary or other approved facility. Wastewater is not released onto the ground.
- The driver has a valid California driver license in their possession.
- The vehicle registration is kept in the truck.
- The certified Food Protection Manager Certificate and/or Food Handler card is kept in the truck.
¹ As measured from the food truck to the entrance of the structure in which the restroom facilities are located.
² For operators who secure advanced access to restroom facilities, as documented by a fully-executed agreement between the operator and the owner of the restroom facility, the distance requirement will be extended to 300 feet.